Create your own graphic novel and comic book characters with this practical and inspiring guide, with step-by-step exercises and practice pages.
In this stylishly packaged, full-color book you´ll find everything you need bring your stories to life, from creating characters, to making a storyboard and coloring in with inks. Whatever your ability, I Can Graphic Novels will teach you to create your own characters and compelling scenes by following its step-by-step drawing projects.
By following broken-down examples and using the practice grids inside, you will learn:
• How to use basic tools and materials
• How to identify and draw different graphic novel styles
• Techniques to draw faces, expressions, basic anatomy
• How to create dynamic moving scenes, including punches and power kicks
• Making a coherent story and giving it light and shade
The practice grids supplied to help you recreate the examples will give you the techniques and confidence to build your own stories and make a strong narrative.
ABOUT THE SERIES: I Can Draw teaches a variety of specialist drawing styles, aimed at beginners or those wishing to hone their skills. With step-by-step instructions and practice grids to try out new techniques, these full-color drawing guides will help artists bring their ideas to life.