Whether you want to explore the evocative ruins of the Roman empire, traverse Tuscany´s vineyard-cloaked hills, or simply sip espresso and watch the world go by, your DK Eyewitness travel guide makes sure you experience all that Italy has to offer.
From erupting volcanoes to magnificent coastal scenery, this breathtaking country is rich in natural beauty. And with more UNESCO World Heritage Sites than anywhere else on Earth, there is no better place to experience the glories of European art and architecture. Of course, Italy is not only a sumptuous feast for the eyes; famous for some of the world´s finest food and wine, the country´s vibrant gastronomic traditions never disappoint.
Our updated guide brings Italy to life, transporting you there like no other travel guide does with expert-led insights, trusted travel advice, detailed breakdowns of all the must-see sights, photographs on practically every page, and our hand-drawn illustrations which place you inside the country´s iconic buildings and neighbourhoods. Our updated 2023 travel guide brings to life. DK Eyewitness Italy is your ticket to the trip of a lifetime.
Inside DK Eyewitness Italy you will find:
- A fully-illustrated top experiences guide: our expert pick of Italy´s must-sees and hidden gems
- Accessible itineraries to make the most out of each and every day
- Expert advice: honest recommendations for getting around safely, when to visit each sight, what to do before you visit, and how to save time and money
- Colour-coded chapters to every part of Italy, from
- Practical tips: the best places to eat, drink, shop and stay
- Detailed maps and walks to help you navigate the region country easily and confidently
- Covers: Northern Italy, Venice, The Veneto and Friuli, Trentino-Alto Adige, Milan, Lombardy and the Lakes, Valle d´Aosta and Piedmont, Liguria, Central Italy, Rome, Lazio, Florence, Tuscany, Umbria, Le Marche, Emilia-Romagna, Southern Italy, Naples, Campania, Abruzzo, Molise a