* Aimed at anyone involved or thinking about being involved in teaching and learning mathematics at school
* Packed full of practical and fun lesson ideas and activities.
* Explores the broader goals and issues of mathematics education challenging some of the stereotypical misunderstandings.
* Each chapter focuses on My lesson and how it works, What happens and why it matters, and How could it be different?
* Lessons and activities are informally differentiated for age under three main headings - older primary, younger secondary and more advanced.