The perfect introduction to increasing the number of plants in your garden or community easily and cheaply
Increase your stock of plants easily and for free by propagating them yourself. RHS How to Grow Plants for Free demystifies the art of taking cuttings and explains the other ways you can multiply your garden plants. Propagating your own plants is fun, inexpensive, and a sustainable way to garden.
An introductory section explains the botanical science behind all types of propagation and defines and simplifies the language. The book is then split into self-contained practical chapters detailing each of the different types of propagation. Each chapter includes a ѕelection of ´plant profiles´ for the plants best suited to each propagation method:
- Dividing Plants covers the easiest methods of splitting one plant into several new ones
- Saving Seeds introduces how to collect and process seeds from flowers, vegetаbles, herbs and trees
- Cuttings covers how to successfully grow a new plant from an existing one using several different methods for taking cuttings
- The Houseplants chapter shows techniques needed to increase your collection.
- The final chapters show how to grow new plants from kitchen scraps, and gives ideas on how to make the most of all the new plants you´ve created by giving them as gifts