Discover unique architecture, diverse landscapes, and a centuries-old culture.
Whether you want to enjoy Costa Brava´s laidback lifestyle, marvel at the iconic Sagrada Familia or hike the undulating landscape of long-extinct volcanoes, your DK Eyewitness travel guide makes sure you experience all that Barcelona and Catalonia have to offer.
From gothic churches and old taverns to dizzying skyscrapers and ritzy cocktail bars, Catalonia is a constant contradiction. The natural landscape is just as varied: soaring mountain ranges preside over pristine wilderness and vineyard-cloaked hills taper into a seemingly endless stretch of coastline.
Our updated guide brings Barcelona and Catalonia to life, transporting you there like no other travel guide does with expert-led insights, trusted travel advice, detailed breakdowns of all the must-see sights, photographs on practically every page, and our hand-drawn illustrations, which place you inside the Barcelona and Catalonia´s iconic buildings and neighborhoods. We´ve also worked hard to make sure our information is as up to date as possible following the COVID-19 outbreak.
- our pick of Barcelona and Catalonia´s must-sees, top experiences, and hidden gems
- the best spots to eat, drink, shop and stay
- detailed maps and walks which make navigating the region easy
- easy-to-follow itineraries
- expert advice: get ready, get around and stay safe
- color-coded chapters to every part of Barcelona and Catalonia, from Old Town to Eixample, Montjuic to beyond Barcelona
- a lightweight format, so you can take it with you wherever you go
Touring the country? Try our DK Eyewitness Spain.