Twenty inspiring profiles of men and women who´ve defied the odds to overcome adversity
The coronavirus COVID-19 has changed our lives forever, confronting us with an adversity like none we have known in our lifetimes.
How do we cope? Where can we find the resilience to overcome the changes forced upon us? What might our future look like?
The answers lie in Overcoming and the lessons we can learn from everyday heroes who found the strength to persevere through life crises that threatened to overwhelm them, just as we feel overwhelmed today. Groundbreaking physician Dr. Augustus White III, no stranger to adversity himself, has fashioned an essential manual on not only surviving in a post-coronavirus world, but even thriving in it, as those in this book have.
- Like Herman Williams, a doctor on the verge of realizing his dream only to see it dashed forever, forcing him to find a new and greater one.
- Or Dr. Ann Hagan Webb, a victim of sexual abuse as a young girl who now counsels other victims, both young and old.
- Or Josh Perry, born with Down syndrome, who didn´t let that stop him from becoming a professional Hollywood actor.
- Or Krystal Cantu, who overcame the devastating loss of an arm in an accident to pursue a career in fitness and physical training.
- Or Mangok Bol, one of the Lost Boys of Sudan who survived and built a new life for himself in the United States.
- Or Heather Marini, who turned a blind eye to stereotypes in becoming the only woman serving as a position coach in Division 1 college football.
These stories and more will inspire you, providing hope that no matter how bleak and dark things seem, the light is always shining somewhere close by.
Overcoming will teach all of us how to find it.