Whether you want to spy elusive jaguars in the wild, savour a world-class cup of coffee or walk through cloud-drenched tree canopies, your DK Eyewitness travel guide makes sure you experience all that Costa Rica has to offer.
An ecotourism haven, Costa Rica is unmatched in biodiversity - here you can help sea turtle hatchlings make it to the sea or wake up to the sounds of howler monkeys. But this Central American country doesn´t just offer wildlife in abundance. In the capital of San José, characterful food joints serve up tasty local cuisine, while on the laid-back coasts, surfers and yogis unwind beside the beaches.
Our updated guide brings Costa Rica to life, transporting you there like no other travel guide does with expert-led insights, trusted travel advice, detailed breakdowns of all the must-see sights, photographs on practically every page, and our hand-drawn illustrations which place you inside the country´s iconic buildings and neighbourhoods. Our updated 2023 travel guide brings to life. DK Eyewitness Costa Rica is your ticket to the trip of a lifetime.
Inside DK Eyewitness Costa Rica you will find:
- A fully-illustrated top experiences guide: our expert pick of Costa Rica´s must-sees and hidden gems.
- Accessible itineraries to make the most out of each and every day.
- Expert advice: honest recommendations for getting around safely, when to visit each sight, what to do before you visit, and how to save time and money.
- Colour-coded chapters to every part of Costa Rica, from Guanacaste to Northern Nicoya, the Caribbean to San José.
- Practical tips: the best places to eat, drink, shop and stay.
- Detailed maps and walks to help you navigate the region country easily and confidently.
- Covers: San Jose, Central Highlands, Central Pacific and Southern Nicoya, Guanacaste and Northern Nicoya, Northern Zone, The Caribbean, Southern Zone.