Now more than ever, you can count on Rick Steves to tell you what you really need to know when traveling through Budapest. Admire opulent Golden Age architecture, soak in a thermal bath, and wander the winding streets of old villages: with Rick Steves, Budapest is yours to discover! Inside Rick Steves Budapest you'll find:
- Fully updated comprehensive coverage of Budapest, as well as day trips to Gödöllö Palace, Lázár Lovaspark, Holókö, the Danube Bend, Szentendre, Visegrád, Esztergom, and more
- Rick's strategic advice on how to get the most out of your time and money, with rankings of his must-see favourites
- Top sights and hidden gems, from the ornate Parliament building and the Széchnyi Baths to local unicum distilleries (Hungary's favourite spirit!)
- How to connect with local culture: Catch a world-class opera performance, dive into a bowl of goulash, or sample paprika at the Great Market Hall
- Beat the crowds, skip the lines, and avoid tourist traps with Rick's candid, humorous insight
- The best places to eat, sleep, and relax with a glass of pálinka
- Self-guided walking tours of lively neighbourhoods and historic museums
- Detailed neighbourhood maps for exploring on the go
- Useful resources including a packing list, a Hungarian phrase book, a historical overview, and recommended reading
- Over 500 bible-thin pages include everything worth seeing without weighing you down
Make the most of every day and every dollar with Rick Steves Budapest.
Expanding your trip? Try Rick Steves Eastern Europe.