While it might be best known as the center of US political life, there´s more to Washington, DC than the corridors of power - think historic monuments and compelling museums, lively neighborhoods and pretty parks.
Make the most of your trip to America´s iconic capital with DK Eyewitness Top 10. Planning is a breeze with our simple lists of ten, covering the very best that Washington, DC has to offer and ensuring that you don´t miss a thing. Best of all, the pocket-friendly format is light and easily portable; the perfect companion while out and about.
Inside DK Eyewitness Top 10 Washington you will find:
- Up-to-date information with insider tips and advice for staying safe.
- Top 10 lists of Washington´s must-sees, including the White House, United States Capitol, National Museum of African American History and Culture, and the National Gallery of Art
Washington´s most interesting areas, with the best places for sightseeing, food and drink, and shopping.
- Themed lists, including the best historic homes and buildings, museums, green spaces, places of African American history, and much more.
- Easy-to-follow itineraries, perfect for a day trip, a weekend, or a week.
- A laminated pull-out map of Washington, plus 6 full-colour area maps.